WIDC Feature Film Award (FFA)
Supported by leading Canadian screen industry organizations, CWWA administers an annual national award valued at up to approximately $200,000 in-kind towards a first or second, scripted fiction feature film project directed by a Canadian woman, anywhere in Canada. While WIDC focuses on women directors, the WIDC Feature Film Award cohort also includes the writer and producer team who will be offered a tailored mentorship, as applicable and mutually agreeable.
Sponsorships have been provided by:
Grip & Lighting: William F. White International Inc., Walter Lighting & Grip Inc.
Post Production Sound: White Hart Post Production, Sim (Tattersall Sound & Picture)
Post Production Picture: Encore Vancouver, Technicolor Toronto, Skylab Vancouver,
Camera: Panavision Canada, Keslow Camera, Sim, Post Moderne
Studio: North Shore Studios, The Bridge Studios, or Vancouver Film Studios
Executive Producing: CWWA
Clearances: The Research House Clearances Services Inc.
Insurance: Front Row Insurance
Described Video; Captioning: Descriptive Video Works , National Captioning Canada
Application Deadline: July 2, 2019
Application Fee: $50
To submit or for more information: Awards@widc.ca
Past Award Winners
- 2018 Shelley Thompson, Dawn, Her Dad & the Tractor
- 2017 Sonia Bonspille Boileau, Rustic Oracle
- 2016 Gloria Ui Young Kim, Debra & Mona
- 2015 Jordan Canning, Suck It Up
- 2014 Kathleen Hepburn, Never Steady, Never Still
- 2013 Siobhan Devine, The Birdwatcher
- 2012 Marie Clements, Red Snow
- 2011 Ana Valine, Sitting on the Edge of Marlene
- 2010 Lulu Keating, Lucille’s Ball
- 2009 Katrin Bowen, Amazon Falls
Maybe you mean: 'homepage' or 'FFAwinners' or 'HomepageFull'