WIDC Alumnae have been recognized for their fine work through a collaboration with the Banff World Media Festival. This fellowship is designed to create an opportunity to enable WIDC Alumnae and other women directors to attend BANFF should they be nominated for a Banff Rockie Award, selected for a public pitch session or should they have a project to pitch and a financial need.
Annual application deadline:
Not offered this year.
- 2014 Kathleen Hepburn (2014 alumna / Feature Film Award winner)
- 2011 Wendy Ord (2011 CAM alumna)
- 2010 Sharon Lewis (2009 alumna)
- 2009 Paula Kelly (2009 alumna)
- 2008 Karen Hines (2008 alumna)
- 2007 Leslie Ann Coles (2005 alumna) While at the festival Leslie Ann earned a development deal for her doc series SHOOTING STARS
- 2006 Jinder Oujla-Chalmers (2005 alumna) While at the festival Jinder earned a $100,000 development deal with APTN or her MOW CODE OF SILENCE and made connections that led to directing work on the Anaid Productions series X-WEIGHTED airing on Slice
- 2005 Carole Ducharme (2004 alumna) Carole was selected to present her comedy series OVER THE RAINBOWS at the Pitcher’s Paradise
- 2004 Veronica Tennant (1999 alumna) Veronica was nominated for her one-hour, SHADOW PLEASURES
- 2003 Anita Doron (2003 alumna) Anita was nominated for her short film, NOT A FISH STORY