WIDC Feature Film Award (FFA)
Supported by leading Canadian screen industry organizations, CWWA administers an annual national award valued at up to approximately $200,000 in-kind towards a first or second, scripted fiction feature film project directed by a Canadian woman, anywhere in Canada. While WIDC focuses on women directors, the WIDC Feature Film Award cohort also includes the writer and producer team who will be offered a tailored mentorship, as applicable and mutually agreeable.
Early Open for Submissions: May 8, 2021 (for WIDC alumnae)
General Open for Submissions: June 8, 2021
Close of Submissions: July 8, 2021
Send Submissions to: Awards@widc.ca
For more information: Enquiries@widc.ca
Application Fee: waived*
*Due to financial stresses caused by COIVD-19, the regular fee $50 has been waived. These fees are normally allocated towards peer jury honoraria and a cash award to the winning production. Donations are always welcome, but are NOT a requirement.
Sponsorships have been provided by
Grip & Lighting: William F. White International Inc., Walter Lighting & Grip Inc.
Post Production Sound: White Hart Post Production, Sim (formerly Tattersall Sound & Picture)
Post Production Picture: Sim, Company3, Encore VFX, Technicolor Toronto, Skylab Vancouver,
Camera: Panavision Canada, Keslow Camera, Sim, Post Moderne
Studio: North Shore Studios, The Bridge Studios, or Vancouver Film Studios
Clearances: The Research House Clearances Services Inc.
Insurance: Front Row Insurance
Described Video; Captioning; Subtitling: Descriptive Video Works , National Captioning Canada; Line 21 Media
Project Development: WIDC offers a tailored mentorship and an automatic director spot in a WIDC program.
Executive Producing: WIDC provides Executive Producing services.
Past Award Winners:
- 2020 Kim Albright, With Love and a Major Organ
- 2019 Pamela Gallant, Monica’s News
- 2018 Shelley Thompson, Dawn, Her Dad & the Tractor
- 2017 Sonia Bonspille Boileau, Rustic Oracle
- 2016 Gloria Ui Young Kim, Queen of the Morning Calm (aka Debra & Mona)
- 2015 Jordan Canning, Suck It Up
- 2014 Kathleen Hepburn, Never Steady, Never Still
- 2013 Siobhan Devine, The Birdwatcher
- 2012 Marie Clements, Red Snow
- 2011 Ana Valine, Sitting on the Edge of Marlene
- 2010 Lulu Keating, Lucille’s Ball
- 2009 Katrin Bowen, Amazon Falls