Due to COVID-19 upcoming sessions of the WIDC Career Advancement Module (CAM) will be offered online.
The CAM offers a tailored leadership master class for 4 to 6 mid-career women and gender minority filmmakers in each session. Three separate cohorts of 4-6 director participants are selected for a specially designed module that dovetails with a Canadian International Women’s Film Festival, in wither Vancouver, Toronto or St John’s. The CAM is an intensive stand-alone WIDC program aimed for mid-career women and gender minority screen directors focusing on scripted.
Identify and maximize your personal leadership style, learn how to navigate the continuum of confidence, and how articulating what you love about being a storyteller for screen can give you a competitive advantage. Discover tips about reading the room while pitching your projects. Engage in facilitated meetings with Industry experts, including representatives of Telefilm Canada, CBC, Harold Greenberg Fund, TELUS STORYHIVE, Creative BC, Ontario Creates, seasoned producers, distributors, directors, agents, and learn how to leverage all of this to advance your screen fiction projects and career.
This program includes a Full Festival pass to the host festival, one to one meetings with CAM mentors and experts, a group wrap up Exit Session to debrief, confirm follow up goals and timeline for 3x one to one follow up “Career Goal” check-ins after the formal workshop sessions are complete.
- To work with mid-career women and gender minority content creators (writers, directors, producers) in identifying and achieving their career and project goals, primarily in scripted production.
- To develop confidence and capabilities in areas including but not limited to self-promotion, communication, leadership, strategic planning, and creative solutions.
- To develop a set of trusted allies who can help spring-board the advancement of participants’ careers and project(s).
- Tuition is scholarshipped by WIDC through major sponsorship from Telefilm Canada.
- Festival Passes are provided compliments of the host Festival.
- Costs of *travel & lodging* are the responsibility of the participant.
To learn more: directors@WIDC.ca
How to Apply & Application Deadlines
Application Fee: Pay-what-you-can/ by donation (Regular fee $50)
A donation may be made by cheque only
Payable to: Creative Women Workshops Association
Mail to: WIDC CAM
PO Box 34575, 1268 Marine Dr.
North Vancouver, BC V7P 1T2
*WIDC reserves the right to change WIDC CAM dates or personnel and / or make cancellations without notice.